Thank you for your interest and support of the Sport Professional Knowledge Network (SPKN). We founded SPKN with a simple but ambitious goal: to provide world-class resources infused with research-backed and verified sport knowledge and tools for sport practitioners at all levels.
We live in challenging times. News and social media pump out gigabytes of information of questionable validity, often purposefully misleading the public. Social media websites, apps, and influencers churn out clickbait and sound bites, instead of insights. The world of sport is not immune, as top sources for information remain streaming video and social media, both with questionable veracity.
Welcome to SPKN, where sport knowledge is spoken. SPKN’s Sport Knowledge Center guarantees useful and trusted sport knowledge in varying formats. From pyramids to skyscrapers to sport dynasties, a solid foundation is the scaffolding for excellence. SPKN makes it easy for all sport practitioners and enthusiasts to find credible and engaging sport knowledge and tools. Unlike any site before, all our content is checked and verified by our one-of-a-kind editorial board.
· Thousands of hours of video content with top sport scientists and practitioners ranging from sport physiology to sport psychology, nutrition, and more.
· SPORTopedia, an encyclopedia-style searchable database with hundreds of sport terms.
· Articles and tools-of-the-trade ranging from sample practice plans and drills to reader-friendly science-based summaries and applications.
· Partner pages and resources from prominent National Governing Bodies, organizations, and thought leaders.
· A searchable database of curated research and abstracts from the most expansive collection of leading academic journals.
Behind the scenes, SPKN has been working hard for extensive growth in 2023. We’re set to release a 90-minute documentary film blowing the lid off what’s wrong with sports and how to fix it. We’re also producing and directing our first original docu-series on contemporary areas of highest concern in sport ,such as mental health and abuse.
Additional features SPKN will release in 2023 include:
· Dozens of additional podcasts and video content built off our sport knowledge framework, a systematic approach for foundational and cutting-edge informed practice.
· Our Editorial Manager system to expand solicitation, review, and distribution of SPORTopedia, tools-of-the-trade, op-eds, and research-backed articles.
2023 is truly a critical time for SPKN. We expect explosive growth on the SPKN website traffic and membership. The audience for our documentaries, website video content, and podcasts, and use of our materials will grow exponentially. The most common feedback we’ve received thus far is, “There’s nothing like this and it’s so needed” and “Let us know how we can contribute and support your mission.”
As a 501c3 nonprofit, SPKN exists and thrives with your support. From our foundational operations to strategic priorities, we welcome and thank you for your involvement in this journey.